Our Guidance Team
The guidance staff includes a Director of Student Support Services, seven full time counselors and one full time student assistance counselor. The Guidance Department focuses on promoting and supporting growth in our students in academics, as well as mental and emotional wellness.
Director of Student Support Services
Mrs. Doreen Babis- email@example.com
Mrs. Jennifer Sanchez- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Molly Cusick- email@example.com
Ms. Erica Stasio- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Ellen Zamboni- email@example.com
Mr. Steve Kaelblein- SAC firstname.lastname@example.org
College Research Field Trips
- Open to Juniors & Sophomores
The Guidance Department is excited to announce two upcoming field trips for students planning to pursue college after graduation.
Monday, April 9: Philadelphia-Area College Bus Tour
- Students will visit the University of Pennsylvania, Haverford College, and Villanova University in one day. Visits include an information session with an admission counselor and a campus tour.
- A fantastic opportunity for ANY college-bound student. This is a chance to see three different types of colleges. This is helpful no matter where a student is looking to study after high school.
- $40 fee (cash or check, made payable to Clark Board of Education)
Wednesday, April 25: National College Fair
- Students will travel to the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus to meet with 500+ colleges and universities from across the country and around the world.
- Admission offices track interest, so it is important for students to make meaningful connections with admission counselors.
Permission slips are available in the Guidance Office. Both trips are limited to the first 40 students who sign up.
Special Services and the Guidance Department will host a workshop by grade on March13th & 14th on mindfulness. Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings and thoughts and has been proven to increase concentration and help relieve stress and anxiety. One of the resources that will be shared is The Calm App.
2018 Local Scholarships
Monthly Scholarship Bulletins are sent to seniors and parents through Naviance Family Connection.
This month's bulletin: 2018 March Scholarship Bulletin.docx
February Scholarship Bulletin: 2018 February Scholarship Bulletin 1.docx
January Scholarship Bulletin: 2018 January Scholarship Bulletin.docx
December Scholarship Bulletin: December 2017 Final.docx
November Scholarship Bulletin: November Scholarship Bulletin.docx
October Scholarship Bulletin: October 2017 Scholarship Bulletin 1.docx
September Scholarship Bulletin: 20172018 September Scholarship Bulletin.docx
UCCTI Shared-Time Program
The application for shared-time programs with the Union County Career & Technical Institute (UCCTI) is now available. Students must complete the online application and return the attached Student Records Release Form (signed by a parent/guardian) to the Guidance Department. The application is due by March 15, 2018.
Students currently in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade are eligible to apply. Note that 9th graders may only apply for the three-year cosmetology program or self-contained programs.
The final information session held at UCCTI will be on Thursday, February 8th at 6 p.m.
Print and give this form to your counselor after submitting application Shared Time Records Release Form 2018.pdf
Visit UCCTI Week
College Scholarship Tracker
Seniors who have applied to colleges may start hearing back within the next few weeks. In an effort to keep information organized, a worksheet with some examples is below to keep track of scholarship offers from each school. Note that some awards may not come until the FAFSA information is processed.